We offer a wide range of Group Risk products, including Group income Protection, Group Life and Group Critical Illness.
- All our Group Income Protection (GIP) products – whether for SMEs or large corporations - come with award-winning assistance from our in-house rehabilitation team and access to an employee assistance programme, as standard
- All our Group Life policies come with bereavement services – including telephone counselling – as standard. And to help your customers get all the tax benefits with none of the time-consuming and complex admin, there’s also a Master Trust
- Our Group Critical Illness products automatically cover children aged between 6 months and 18 years at no extra cost
Why choose Unum?
We’ve been around for more than 40 years and 47 of the FTSE 100 trust us to protect their employees. In 2011 we paid out £288 million in claims.
We believe it's important that protection benefits keep pace with the changing world of work, so we offer:
- Pay Direct: A way for employers to take care of their employee without having to keep them on the payroll
- Cover for "uninsurable" people: We’re often able to offer full cover to scheme members with potentially serious conditions such as heart attack, cancer, paraplegia, back pain and diabetes
- Once and Done underwriting: Once a person’s been underwritten, they never have to be underwritten again
Come and visit us: We’d love to meet you and your prospective or existing Unum customers and introduce you to your key contacts. Call your Sales Consultant to arrange a tour.
Doing business in today’s climate
Times are difficult and yet 41%* of HR Directors and 33%**of Financial Directors expect to spend at least a little more on benefits in 2012 than 2011.
In fact, 68% of companies that don’t offer GIP currently are considering introducing it (GRiD Employer Research, October 2011).
With Group Income Protection cover starting at around £17 per employee per month, it could be more affordable than your customers think. And if there’s no room for an employee benefit budget increase, perhaps a benefits reshuffle could give them a better-balanced benefits investment?
*Research by Personnel Today on behalf of Unum, 2012
**Research by Financial Director Magazine on behalf of Unum, 2012
Building awareness of Income Protection
People don’t really understand income protection – and why would they? It’s not likely to be something they talk about in their everyday life. In fact, even 40%* of Financial Directors think it covers redundancy.
So, in June 2011 we started a UK-wide campaign to help people understand why everybody needs Income Protection as a back-up plan.
We’re encouraging employees to speak to their employers about Income Protection, and for employers of all sizes to come to you for advice.
Stats from our campaign, so far:
- Over 780,000 views of the TV ads on YouTube
- More than 14,000 likes of our Facebook page
- Nearly 800 Income Protection questions submitted to us
- Over 550 followers on Twitter
*Research by Financial Director Magazine on behalf of Unum, 2012
You might also like...
Get the latest news and expert views on our blog.
Browse our answers – or if you can't find what you're looking for you can send us your question and we'll try to answer you as soon as possible.
Want to find out more about Income Protection? We've got lots of reports, jargon-busters and comparisons for you to take a look at.